Google

Wednesday 21 November 2007

Visit to Hospital

Hi Thomas

Last night I had to visit the doctor at the emergency room in the Costa Del SOl hospital near Marbella. My blood pressure has been increasing for a couple of months.
When I got there it was 180/120. This is very high. They gave me an ECG and my heart was fine. The doctor gave me two little pills under my tongue and these little white miracle workers fixed the blood pressure in under a hour.

As as was leaving I saw a woman of about 23 walking towards me. She was with her brother or her boyfriend and laughing at a something he had said. She never made eye contact with me. She looked across the roadn the colour literlay drained from her face. My my gaze followed her.
Standing in a group was a family. They were struck with grief. I turned to look back at the girl. Her hands were at her mouth and tears already were flowing from her eyes. The girls screamed and ran across to her family. It was awful.

They had lost her brother. He was killed on a building site when he fell of a scaffold. He was 28.

No comments: